If you have a child custody battle, you may ask yourself, who is a skilled child custody lawyer in Plano, TX? The right child custody lawyer may help you get through your child custody case with ease and protect your rights. At Scroggins Law Group, we understand how emotionally challenging and complex child custody matters can be and want to offer our assistance.
Questions to Ask a Child Custody Lawyer
In order to determine who is a skilled child custody lawyer in Plano, TX, it’s important to ask the right questions during your initial consultation. Here are a few questions you might want to ask a child custody lawyer:
- How long have you been a child custody lawyer?
- What law school did you graduate from?
- How many child custody cases do you handle in a year?
- What kind of outcome do you expect in my case?
- Do you foresee any issues with my case?
- What are your fees?
- How often will you contact me about my case?
What a Child Custody Lawyer Can Do for You
Once you have determined who is a skilled child custody lawyer in Plano, TX, you may be wondering what he or she can do for you. Let’s take a closer look at some of the things a child custody lawyer can assist you with:
- Communicate with Your Ex-spouse: If you and your ex-spouse ended things on bad terms, communicating with one another can be quite awkward. If you have a Plano child custody lawyer on your side, he or she may handle all communication between your ex-spouse so that you don’t have to.
- Fill Out Paperwork: Child custody cases come with a lot of paperwork. If you’re not familiar with some of the terminology in the documents, you might make a mistake that could delay your case. An experienced child custody lawyer may help you fill out the paperwork accurately so that there are no delays in the process.
- Offer Objectivity: Going through a child custody battle can be overwhelming and cause you to become overemotional. When you feel so many emotions, you might not think as clearly and make poor decisions. For example, you might be angry with your ex-spouse and call him or her every name in the book. A Plano TX child custody lawyer may talk you out of making poor decisions like this.
- Protect Your Legal Rights: After you have figured out who is the top child custody lawyer in Plano, TX, you may need him or her to protect your legal rights. A child custody lawyer may ensure that you don’t get taken advantage of by your ex-spouse’s lawyer. He or she may work hard to make sure you are treated fairly during the child custody process. For example, if you are ordered to pay child support and the amount is a very high amount, your lawyer may argue that the child support is lowered.
If you are still wondering who is a skilled child custody lawyer in Plano, TX, contact Scroggins Law Group at 469-626-5220.