Family Law Attorney Plano TX
If you’re in need of a family law attorney, have confidence in the Scroggins Law Group team. We understand how difficult situations involving loved ones can be, so we offer compassionate services while aggressively pursuing all the rights you are entitled to under the law. Legal matters involving divorce, children, or other family issues can be stressful and emotional. In many family law cases, the matters at hand are often life-altering events which can lead to child custody changing or financial positions shifting. Making sure you have a trustworthy legal team on your side can make a huge difference in your wellbeing as well as the results of the case.
Every experienced Plano family law attorney at Scroggins Law Group strives to help clients and families obtain the best outcomes possible. Some of the legal services we provide include:
Even the most amicable divorce can quickly turn on its head, and all of a sudden, neither spouse can agree on anything. The family law attorney Plano TX community members depend on may help negotiate a fair divorce settlement. When a marriage is ending, there are many issues that need to be addressed, especially in dividing the marital estate include:
- Who gets the family home, or other co-owned real estate?
- How are assets like bank accounts, retirement funds, pensions, stocks, etc. be divided?
- How will marital debt be divided?
Child Custody and Child Support
Whether a couple is filing for a divorce, or unmarried parents are ending their relationship, child custody and child support need to be determined. The compassionate family law attorney Plano TX parents rely on understands that having a Texas family court make a legal ruling over the division of parenting time and parental responsibilities may be in the best interest for all parties. Having a judge determine which parent will be responsible for child support and how much that should be is also important.
When it comes to child custody and support matters, there are often situations that arise which may require changes to existing orders. As a child gets older, for example, he or she may wish to live with the other parent, or there may be issues where a noncustodial parent is not paying their child support. Situations like these require the experience of an understanding family law attorney.
Other Family Law Services
In addition to divorce matters, and child custody and child support matters, the legal team from Scroggins Law Group can also help clients with the following family law issues:
- Termination of parental rights
- Domestic violence issues and temporary restraining orders
Benefits of Hiring a Family Law Attorney
If you are dealing with a divorce or child custody matter, it may be in your best interest to work with a family law attorney Plano TX residents trust. A lawyer is there to make the process as easy and stress-free as possible. Let’s take a look at some of the benefits of working with a family lawyer:
- A lawyer offers objectivity: Going through a divorce is stressful and may cause you to think unclearly. This can cause you to make the wrong decisions. A family law attorney in Plano TX can step in and offer the objectivity needed. He or she may prevent you from making rash decisions, like accepting a low settlement offer or calling your spouse to yell at him or her.
- A lawyer may set up child support: If you are the one who is owed child support, a family law attorney Plano TX clients respect may ensure you are paid a fair amount. If you owe child support, you lawyer may prevent you from paying too much.
- A lawyer has negotiating skills: A skilled family attorney also possesses negotiating skills. He or she may negotiate with the other side’s attorney to get you the best settlement offer possible. If the other side doesn’t budge, your lawyer may take the case to court.
- A lawyer may assist you with the paperwork: There is a lot of paperwork involved in a divorce. The documents may include terminology you are not familiar with. If you make even one error, it can delay the entire process. If you work with a family law attorney Plano TX residents rely on, he or she may help you fill out paperwork efficiently and without any errors.
- A lawyer has court experience: If your case has to go to trial, it is beneficial to have a Plano family law attorney with courtroom experience. He or she may know how to give effective arguments to improve your chances of a fair settlement offer. Having a skilled lawyer on your side may give you more confidence to walk into that courtroom.
- A lawyer may communicate with your spouse: It’s common for there to be a lot of tension between spouses during a divorce. If you and your spouse have ill feeling toward each other, it may be difficult to talk. If you hire a family law attorney Plano TX clients count on, he or she may communicate with your spouse on your behalf. This may make things less awkward.
- A lawyer may resolve the divorce faster: A divorce is quite stressful, so it’s natural that you want to get it over with as quickly as possible. However, some divorces may drag on for months or even years. If you work with a family law attorney Plano TX residents depend on, he or she may help you get your divorce resolved in a timely manner. Then, you can finally move on with the rest of your life.
Contact The Family Law Attorney Plano TX Clients Trust
If you are dealing with divorce, child custody, or any other family law issue, you need the services of a family law attorney in Plano TX. We are available to meet with you to discuss your unique family situation and help you determine your best legal options.
Scroggins Law Group is here to help you. Call our family law attorney Plano TX office at 469-626-5220 for a consultation.